Our first on farm lambings!
Lambing continued with our last sheep to lamb, Leda and ram 6.
Our first death and the pasture work began. The death of ram 3 is still full of questions, but as I have learned more over the year my number one differential is Barberpole worm infestation. At one of the conferences/workshops or possibly in a reading I found a reference to constipation as a symptom of barberpole worm infestation, which is exactly the way ram 3 started. At the first vet visit he did get an injection of ivermectin but injections don't work very well on the barberpole worm. I should have given him an oral worming med. Now I know to add that to the list of things to try.
Maddy and I also attended a lambing clinic which was terrific.
Another course, this time on FAMACHA, at DelVal College.
Our feral cat had kittens!
We finally got a glimpse of the kittens!
Mostly just gardening and grazing.
Our new Coopworth sheep, Hazel, Ruth and Elwood.
All the outside cats were trapped and neutered.
Work on the garage end wall began and ended.
More pasture work.
The end wall is just about done.
I've been a slacking blogger and there hasn't been much to blog about. We have a freezer full of lamb and mutton and have been getting ready for the holidays. Here's to a better blogging year for 2016!