Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Let the Great Thaw Begin

The air is full of the sounds of dripping water.  Its 40 degrees here and the news is filled with stories of porches and roofs collapsing. If I can think up something to worry about I will, so the thought of our roof collapsing under the weight of 18 or more inches of snow was keeping me up at night.
What's a girl to do? Why, go up on the roof and start shoveling.
The newest addition has a very shallow pitch roof that I could reach from two sets of windows upstairs.  It has a minimum of 18 inches of snow on it.


After climbing out this window I was able to get a good bit of snow off the oldest roof in the house.
The rain this morning also helped to make the snow even heavier.  I became quite warm up on that roof. I feel like I moved a half ton of snow.
Here is the pile of snow that came off the roof.
According to the weather forecast, our highs are supposed to be in the 40s and 50s until Sunday so hopefully the roofs will have a lighter load and no damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment