Thursday, September 11, 2014

Harvesting

I love fall, and even though it feels like the July we didn't have, you can still feel summer coming to an end. The garden is especially gearing up for fall mode.
All the potatoes, onions, and garlic are done curing in the barn and have moved down to the basement.
I'll save the biggest garlic bulbs for planting in October and I also ordered some Elephant garlic for planting. The shallots were a disappointment, but I think I pulled them too soon. They might need a little longer in the ground than the garlic.
I was happy with the quality of the onions, but I wish I had started more. We'll see how long into the winter these last.
I was happy with my Adirondack Blue potato harvest, just not sure what I am going to do with approximately 10 pounds of blue potatoes. They do make great potato salad though.

No comments:

Post a Comment