Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Chloe: Before and After

Here is a picture of Chloe, heavily pregnant, yesterday afternoon.
Everyone was fine at the 9PM check, but when I went out at 11:30 to check on the ewes I was greeted walking up to the barn by one very vocal barn cat. Then I heard Clara making a ton of noise. When I walked into the barn Chloe was cleaning off her two newborn lambs. Leave it to Chloe to make this all look so easy. And after the last two births I was ready for easy. She passed the placenta without issue and was already nursing one lamb when I walked into the barn. A cursory drying and clipping/dipping the cords and moving them into a jug and we could go to bed!
And the after shot:
Chloe has the prettiest face of all our hair sheep. She had a ram lamb and a ewe lamb, same as last year. But this year's lambs weighed more since she was probably in better condition when she bred and throughout the pregnancy. The ewe lamb was 11 pounds and the ram lamb was 11 1/2 pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment