Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Kittens!

The kittens were born on May 2nd and we really haven't seen them up til now. Once, I caught a glimpse into their burrow and thought I saw three; two gray with white and one tabby like mama. Today I finally saw the three kittens sitting outside their burrow, but of course they had gone back in when I returned with a camera. And mama had returned too, and was not happy to see me anywhere near her kittens. I was able to take this picture.
The eyes of one of the kittens are glowing from the flash in the background. The kittens all look healthy. Their are a few trap, neuter and return programs in the area that will neuter and give rabies shots for $35. Stumpy has been letting us get very close to her while she is eating in the cat carrier so she should be easy to catch. Hopefully the kittens will get trained to the carrier as well. I can't wait to see them running around playing. It's been a long time since we had a kitten around.

No comments:

Post a Comment