Monday, June 22, 2015

Raspberries

The black raspberries have exploded with ripe fruit and the red raspberries are right behind.
This is the first picking and there are many more to come.

I carefully made a new bed for black raspberries the fall we moved here. This is the first year we have actually had a harvest from the bed, what with one calamity after another befalling the poor raspberries. But now I may need to rethink the entire bed. It's not very large, maybe twelve feet long. There were a few black raspberry bushes growing at the edge of one of the pastures and I hastily dug in what bushes I didn't have room for in the new bed. Now this group of black raspberries is flourishing and may make the small bed superfluous. That would give me room for more blackberry bushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment