Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Rose of Sharon

Before we sold the old house I moved some of my favorite plants. The Rose of Sharon shrubs at the old house always bloomed by my birthday. The ones I moved have not bloomed until this year, on my birthday!
The original shrub I got came from my in-laws old property. It had many babies at our old house, some of them with the original purple flowers, some with more of a magenta flower, and these lovely white ones. I moved the white ones because they are my favorite and I figured some of their babies would have purple flowers. It's so nice to see an old friend on my birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love our Roses of Sharon (Rose of Sharons?) So pretty and always reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday greeting!

    ReplyDelete