Monday, November 2, 2015

A Glimpse of the Future

Sometimes the hardest part of a renovation project is the waiting. I have become a lot more patient over the years but it's nice, every once in a while, to see some progress and see your vision come to reality. We reached that milestone this weekend on the garage wall. Alan hung the new doors he made using the cool spear strap hinges and the latches. And he hung an onion light fixture we had leftover from the old house. I think it looks pretty nice.
The decision making on paint colors has been rough but I think we have finally decided on something like this house:
But I need to figure out the windows we will be using since I want the clapboard color to match the color of the exterior of the windows. It will be some variation of a taupey/grayish color. Hopefully the stink bug frass will blend in better than on the white.

No comments:

Post a Comment